CONTACT ME

If you are a company and would like me to review your product, or a reader with questions or suggestions, feel free to email me at iamyananichole@gmail.com

10.09.2010

MY new but old talent

Ever since I can remember, I've loved everything about being a girl and making others look good. In the eighth grade, I started designing clothes which I still have the name and sketches for. I also used to do my friends hair. From sew ins, hair color and even braids. I haven't mastered the quick weaves yet because I hate the way they look but I plan on practicing on someone soon. When I got to high school, I started corn rowing the guys in my neighborhoods hair and even doing acrylic nails out of my house for extra money.

I started experimenting with make-up in high school as well. I didn't wear much of it to school because it apparently wasn't appropriate. I've always been fascinated with make-up and how it can transform a natural beauty into someone GORGEOUS and GLAMEROUS.

What I have decided to do is start a little "log" on "creations" I come up with and some make up looks that inspire me to do it either on myself or others.

I started out using my friend Courtney (@courtneydion on twitter).
This is her BEFORE

It may seem as if I used a ton of different products on her face but I didn't. For her face, I used
MAC Studio Moisture Tint SPF15 Deep Dark to cover her entire face. (It's translucent so it made applying the rest of the make up easy). Under her eyes used Bobby Brown creamy concealer in "Honey". I also used MAC Mineralize Skin Finish:Medium Deep for a tint of bronze. I cleaned up under her brows with the stainless steel razor then used a fine tooth comb with gel to style them with out chopping them all up.

For her eyes, I applied MAC NC35 concealer to her eye lids and applied the listed eye shadows: MAC Satin Taupe, MAC Sketch Velvet and Cover Girl Pearl. To her natural eye lashes I applied Dior Show Mascara 090 and Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Black to the bottom lashes. Then I applied false lashes to the top lid.
For her lips, I used Chanel Lip gloss no.65, MAC Lip gloss' Chi and Underage

HERE IS THE FINISHED PRODUCT. *please excuse my horrible camera as this will get better*lol


I also styled her natural hair and took these photos in natural light.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Love it! That girl has such an exotic look, gorgeous!

Look at all those MAC goodies!!!! <3 *drools*

The Life & Times Of TrophyWife